Word of the Week #1: Legit

0

Written on 10:35 AM by DRV

"Too legit. Too legit to quit."

This is a new feature on my blog that I'll be doing every week for MCOM 100W, but this is something that sounds really fun and quite productive. Basically, I can take a quote, a poem, a clip, anything set of words that makes a statement, and just say what I feel about it.

I really couldn't think of anything, but this quote came to mind. It's from former rapper, M.C. Hammer and his hit song entitled "Too Legit."

Being legit has been a big part of me this year. It's probably mostly because of my position in Akbayan. I'm the Internship Coordinator and my interns have decided to call themselves the Leadership Empowered Group in Training which in short is... L.E.G.I.T.

But the song has a lot of meaning. In this world, there's a lot of "fake" people who try to bite off more than they can chew. But in actuality, people should really get involved with things that they have a passion for. If the passion is there, odds are high that you won't quit--that's what makes people legit.

Merrian-Webster defines "legit" or "legitimate" as "having full rights by birth."

We all legitimately have the right to be here, but it takes true passion to belong and be accepted.

With that, my "Word of the Week" is "legit."

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment

Followers